At last …
The problem with Search has now been resolved and it is working.
Search looks at the “metadata” – all of the stuff stored with your photos like title, exposure, camera information Â etc etc plus Keywords which I add in to help sort and identify things of interest in a photo. Â There is a lot of hidden stuff behind the Image. Â At present there are around 16,000 photos on the website. Â That makes for a lot of data to sort through to find the results of a search – Â for something like Apple it can take about two or three minutes (it generates a new multi-page gallery of all of the results) – for something less common like “bog oak” it is quite quick.
All of the Galleries have been re-worked and are now OK. Â The way thumbnail images are handled in the Gallery Indexes has changed and a number of these images will be updated so that they look better. Â The thumbnail associated with the normal Galleries are OK.
Other outstanding issues will be resolved as I discover them.
Certainly the new build is much quicker when used with tablets and with iphones.